LITERALLY! I woke up yesterday with a fever, sore throat, and stuffy nose. I seriously got up every 2 hours in the middle of the night just to blow my nose. So, I called the doctor to see if there was anything I should do or medicine I could take. I was worried that the fever might be dangerous for the baby. After talking with the nurse, she said I could take some Tylenol and children's cold medicine if I really needed it. Otherwise, I just had to rough it and if I got worse or didn't get better by Monday I was to call again. I ended up taking some Tylenol and Triaminic Cough and Allergy (the orange flavor). It was kind of fun because I used to LOVE that medicine when I was little. I was allergic to penicillin and so I always had to take these other nasty-tasting medicines instead. This was one that I actually liked, and from what I recall, it still tastes exactly the same. I also had Rick give me a blessing because I was still worried about the baby. The blessing gave me reassurance and comfort that the baby was healthy and I'd be better soon. Whew!
This morning I woke up and my fever was gone...I am so happy! My throat's still sore and my nose is still stuffy, but at least I'm not achey anymore. I am supposed to be at a CAEYC Conference for work today and tomorrow, but instead I am home resting. I don't want to be around thousands of people after just being sick. Luckily we are on spring break, so Rick was home to take care of me.
We did manage to do a few fun things earlier this week. I'll do a separate post for them because I did manage to get a few pictures. Tonight we are spending the night at my parent's because General Conference is tomorrow and we don't get it on our t.v. I still don't do too well with early mornings, so we figured this way I could still be in my pajamas and eating breakfast while watching. More to come later...
By the way, we find out THIS Wednesday what the baby is....I'm starting to get really excited!
Clutter Rehab is back new and improved!
4 months ago




4 comments:
I'm sorry you've been sick! Ugh that is the worst, I guess it's good that it came during Spring Break and so you didn't have to worry about classes/tests/assignments! :) I have also been getting excited about finding out!! Yay! :)
Our whole family has been passing a minor cold around this week. We always accuse Spence of being the carrier. Can't wait to hear about your little one.
Hey guys! Jas and I thought it was real fun reading through your blog and seeing what you've been up to. I'm glad you found us! My doctor said I could take Robitussin for my cold, but the stuff Jas got was SO GROSS. I'll have to try that stuff !
Sick is the worst! I guess it really depends on the doctor, because when I was sick I could take benedryl, sudafed, all sorts of things! (I'm sure I just spelled both of those medicine wrong)... Anyway, good luck at at your ultra-sound! It's so much fun!
Post a Comment