Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Spring Break Update

Last week while on spring break we did manage to have one day of fun. We decided to have a picnic at Heritage Park in Cerritos. I'd never been there before but had seen pictures and it is just beautiful. There's a huge pond with ducks and turtles; a play island with old-town Boston building replicas. It seemed really fun, so we took our Subway sandwiches and headed over. When we got there, the gate to the play island (where all the cool stuff is) was locked. The sign read it was open at 10 a.m. daily except for Tuesdays when it opened at 1 p.m. due to maintainance. Well, it was Tuesday and it was only about 11 a.m. at that point. I was starving, so we ate our food and walked around where we could. We decided we'd come back a little later, so in the meantime we went to the mall to get me some maternity clothes. Yay! I'd been wearing the same pair of jean capris for a few weeks, so it was definitely time. Here is my loot:


After that, we went back to the park and the play island was open! We took a few pictures in the different buildings and I must say I was very impressed with this park. If your family hasn't been, they would thoroughly enjoy it. There were even these fake cannons by the water. When you press a button it makes the water splash up as if you actually shot a cannon. Very cool if you're a boy.




You'll notice I'm really getting a tummy now... I was 18 weeks then.

4 comments:

Gloria said...

Oooh you look so cute pregnant! And what a fun park!! :) I'm glad you had fun shopping! :)

The Duncan Proect said...

Thanks for this park tip. I hadn't heard of it before. We will definately check it out with Spence and Layla.
Excited to hear your news tomorrow.

McKenzie said...

Heratige Park has been Mine and Kennedy's FAVORITE park since we were little tiny girls. May dad would take us there and I was able to get the day camp I work at to go last summer and the kids had a blast! The buildings used to be really old and weathered (before they re-did it) and We called it the "Beetljuice Park" because it looked like the house from the movie... and there was a cemetary. Such good times!

Katie said...

Hey Sherrie! My kids LOVE that park! It's great! Congrats on having a boy.. Little boys are sooo fun!