Today was our big day! Our appointment was at 12:30 p.m. and we waited anxiously for our turn with the ultrasound technician. We ended up going in a little after 1 p.m. I was so excited I could hardly stand it! The technician said she'd do a lot of measuring first, and then she could see about the gender. Well, our baby was quite active and was doing somersaults during the ultrasound! The crazy part was that I couldn't feel a thing! Here this baby was dancing all around and the only way I could tell was by looking at the screen. Who knew? Luckily the baby did hold still long enough so that we could get a good look. Everything looked great according to the technician. We could see the four chambers of the heart and even individual vertebrae of the spine. It was really neat. Also we could see each of the fingers moving. So, she told us the gender after getting a good look, but I'm going to wait to tell all of you.
Our families came over at about 5 p.m. for the big reveal. I baked cupcakes for everyone and inside two of the cupcakes were 1.)a piece of paper with the gender on it; and 2.) a piece of paper with the name on it. Here are the cupcakes.
Here is everyone in attendance anxiously awaiting the news. The only people not there were Henry Araiza (at work) and Jonathan Stephens (on a mission).




Then, when everyone had a cupcake, they were off! Loretta (Rick's mom) found the paper with the name on it and Joey (Rick's brother) found the paper with the gender on it. We had Joey read his first and then Loretta.
Joey's paper read: It's a boy!!
Loretta's paper read: Owen Edward Araiza
We are having a boy!!! We are so excited!!! Here are some pictures of our little guy from the ultrasound.
Here is Owen all curled up like a pretzel. His toes almost reach his mouth.
This one looks like he's sitting on a Xerox machine...Yup, it's a boy.
Clutter Rehab is back new and improved!
4 months ago




17 comments:
a boy awww i am so excited for you!!! Congrats!! That is really exciting news!!!
Congrats!! Boys are so fun!! How exciting! I love the name Owen too!
Yay!
HOORAY!! :) I am soo excited for you guys!! :)I bet everyone was dying in anticipation!! Congrats! Let the shopping begin!! :)
By the way, Michael looks SO Grown up, he looks so much like Jonathan!!! AND I love the picture of his little legs!! That is too funny!
Again congrats we are so excited for you guys you are going to be awesome parents.
I had a big crush on a boy named Owen in high school. Love the name--so excited for you both.
Congrats on a BOY! Very cute name I must say!
Sherri I am so excited for you!! What an adorable name, and you guys were so cute the way you told everyone. Congrats again!!
That is so awesome!! Now you will have fun decorating the nursery and getting him cute outfits! Congrats and I love the name!!
YAY! that's soooo AWESOME!!! I love the name too! I'm so excited to meet this little fella one day!!! Congrats Guys!
YAY!!!! Boys are the best! I am so excited for you two! I can't wait to see how beautiful little Owen is! And Sherri, you are too cute with the creative announcement!
Congratulations! Aren't cupcakes so fun!
Congrats! Very exciting!
Yay!!! I am glad its a boy because I don't know how a girl would feel about the name Owen.. although? jk congrats!
A boy - I am so excited, but I think Shelby was planning on a girl! A boy will be good for the Stephens sisters - your family is heavy on the girls and the boys need a chance to catch up! Congrats! You will have to let me babysit!
I totally called it. I checked the boy box. I so very happy for you both. Lola does not have very many boy friends and now she can add Owen to her list of friends. Please let me know if you need anything. Liza is also having a boy. Congratulations and best of luck on the remainder of your pregnancy. Karin
Post a Comment