Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Owen's Room

On Saturday there was another heat wave. We decided we couldn't stay in our hot apartment, so we went to the mall and found ourselves at Babies R Us. We'd already gone once before just to look around and I wanted to go again to see if they had any new crib bedding in stock. The last time we were there, we found this really cute crib bedding that we both liked. It wasn't too cartoony or cheesy, and it wasn't too modern. Anyway, on Saturday we discovered that the bedding we liked was on clearance! The line had been discontinued and we really liked it (I'm pretty picky about this sort of thing; there wasn't a whole lot in the way of cute boy stuff). We ended up buying all of Owen's nursery decor right then and there.

Here is the bedding.


And the super-cute lamp.



Even though we don't have a crib yet, we're all ready to decorate! I know it's a little early, but we ended up registering on Saturday, too. We had some time to kill, so I thought, "Hey, why not?" Besides, I'm getting very excited for Owen to join us and it was a lot of fun looking at all of the baby stuff.

4 comments:

Donovan and Tawny Holloway said...

Very fun Owen is definitely in for a treat!

McKenzie said...

pThat's so exciting! And I'm just guessing here but I don't think you can do any of the prep work
"too early" when you know you have a baby coming! He'll be here before you know it!

Gloria said...

I looove that little lamp and the bedding is darling! Good work you two!! :)

Rowdy Family said...

Yay for trains!