Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bigger and Better Things

A lot has been going on at the Araiza home... 

  Rick has been studying like crazy and will be graduating from CalState Fullerton with a degree in Business Finance in just 2 1/2 weeks!!!! We are SO excited to put school behind us (at least until it's time for a master's!) and move on to the next phase in our lives.  Rick is actively looking for a job (preferably in the insurance industry), so if anybody has any connections, please let us know.  :)  Rick was also recently awarded a scholarship from CSUF's Insurance Association - way to go! We are so proud of you!

I have been busy chasing after Owen - yes, I said chasing.  Funny story: On Sunday, Rick had been helping Owen practice standing up on his own. His balance was quite good and he was really getting the hang of it.  Rick then helped him stand on his own and said, "Come here, Owen!"  And then it happened - Owen took THREE PERFECT STEPS and then crashed into Rick.  We were completely floored!  I mean, Owen hadn't even CRAWLED yet at this point.  

So of course, we had him try again.  

Sure enough, he stood and then took one step before crashing. (And when I say crashing, I mean that he started to lose his balance and Rick caught him.)  
 
Owen was on such a roll, we decided to put him on his tummy and see if he'd crawl.  I guess he was really in a showing off kind of mood because lo and behold - he crawled!!!  He moved his arms and legs together and crawled to the computer on the floor.  Again, we were completely floored because he's been struggling with crawling for quite some time now. 

 I guess there was something magical in the air on Sunday.

So now we have a mover.  Yes, it's true - my baby is mobile.  He's not very quick yet, but I know it's just a matter of time.  I guess I'd better baby-proof the house.  :)

No post would be complete without some pictures, so here are a few recent shots.


He's a very good eater!

He loves his toys!

Nothing makes this boy happier than 
to be independent and on the go!

4 comments:

Donovan and Tawny Holloway said...

That's so exciting!

Anonymous said...

He needs to come over and show Bostyn how its done... She's pretty darn wobbly on her feet.

RS said...

Oh! You'll have to post a video, I want to see him in action! I can't believe you're going to have a walker on your hands! -Katie

Gloria said...

He's growing up WAY too fast!! I want to see a video of this crawling in action!! :)