I can't believe that my baby is 2 weeks old already! The time has flown by so quickly. A special thanks goes out to our famiIies and friends who have helped us transition to parenthood by cooking meals, cleaning our house, or entertaining Owen. We really appreciate all you've done for us.
I am doing well and am able to move around a lot easier these days. I haven't had pain meds for 5 days - quite an accomplishment.
Word to the wise: If you ever have a c-section, insist that your doctor give you a belly band. Without that band around my stomach to give support to the incision site I would not have been able to recover so quickly. It made all the difference in the world!
We don't sleep much these days... well, I take that back. Owen sleeps all of the time. Rick gets a decent amount...Let me rephrase. I don't sleep much these days. Although I have to give a special thanks to Rick. Last night I was absolutely exhausted when he came home from school. Rick took over Owen duty for about 5 hours so I could sleep. I was only awaken when Owen was hungry. I think I got a good 3 hours straight - It was wonderful! Owen is an eager eater and really isn't on a set schedule. Some days he demands to be fed every 3-4 hours, and some days it's every 1 1/2 - 2 hours. But it's worth the sleepless nights to finally have my baby here.
We went to the doctor today and Owen is now 7 lbs. 4 oz. - not quite his birthweight, but getting there. He'd lost almost a pound initially and has been slowly gaining it back. We can't wait for him to fit into all of his newborn sized clothes; some are still a little big on him.
Here are some more pictures. We just can't get enough of our little guy. We're really surprised at how light his hair is getting (see pics below). He's also becoming more vocal with adorable sighs, whimpers and coos. :)
Taking a Rest...
First time in the stroller... We happened to capture a gassy smile. :)
/>
Getting ready for bed
Uh-oh... does this mean he's going to start giving me attitude??
He's practicing his Presidential acceptance speech.
Contentment :)
Clutter Rehab is back new and improved!
4 months ago




7 comments:
aww how sweet is he. I am so glad to hear that you both are doing well. I love seeing all the cute pictures of little owen. Keep on posting. I know the sleep thing is a drag it always seems like i never get any sleep. Sometimes i just want to shove derek out of bed when i see him passed out and im wide awake tending to a screaming child. hehehehe!!! Hang in there:)
aw he's very cute! so glad that you've had a speedy recovery!
oh my goodness...he is the cutest lil thing! looks like u guys r settling right into a family of 3=]
He's such a cutie!
So cute! Love all his little actions and faces he makes!
Oh he is precious!! I'm soo happy everyone is doing great!! :)
I know you will surface soon but for now I am naming Owen mini-rick.
Post a Comment