The Big: I went to the doctor's today, and remember how I said that last week I was measuring right on schedule (31 weeks)? Well, Owen had a growth spurt because today I measured 34 weeks! Yes, that's right. 34 weeks - so I'm back to being 2 weeks ahead.
The Bad: I have border-line/mild gestational diabetes. The good news is that it's only mild so I don't have to check my blood sugar levels everyday; I only have to meet with a dietician and eat healthy foods. I think I can handle that. Also, the Dr. said in my case it's no threat to the baby.
The Other Bad: My blood pressure is still elevated, so I've been ordered to rest as much as possible, meaning no more work. I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, the kids in my class are just so cute and I really enjoy my job (and the paycheck!) On the other hand, the thought of not waking up early every morning and being able to relax and just focus on preparing for Owen's arrival is a bit of a relief.
The Ugly: This is actually good news, not ugly, but I wanted to use the phrase for the title. With Owen measuring 2 weeks ahead again and my high blood pressure, I jokingly told my doctor that the third week in August is a really convenient time for me to have a baby. First of all, my brother Jonathan will be home from his mission and won't have left for BYU yet. Second, my grandparents from Florida will be in town. And third, Rick won't have started the fall semester of school yet.
My Dr. said, "Well, let's look at the calendar...Yes, that week works for me. I think that either August 20th or 22nd are best and you'll be at 38 weeks then. We have a reason to induce you now due to your blood pressure...Yes, that sounds good to me."
Of course, one can never count on these things to go according to plan, but IF it does, then I will be having Owen on either August 20th or 22nd! Wahoo! In any case, my Dr. said he will for sure not let me go past my due date. So that's the latest. I'll keep you posted.
Clutter Rehab is back new and improved!
4 months ago




3 comments:
I so envy you!! The military doesnt believe in induction:( UGH!! That is so exciting though and i cant believe that jonathan will be home from his mission that is crazy hes so old now!! Well congrats and i cant wait to see this little guy:)
Wow! That would be perfect timing! Hooray!
If I go on time, then our babies really will have the same birthday! I'm due the 22nd :)
Post a Comment