Monday, July 14, 2008

Showered With Love *Updated with Pics*



This weekend was amazing. On Saturday my sisters threw me a baby shower. We had a great time celebrating with family and friends, some of whom we hadn't seen in years. Rick even opted to attend the festivities and did a great job taking pictures, which I don't have with me at the moment so they will come later.

Here are some pics... just ignore my incredibley ROUND face. I'm so embarassed... but I guess my face needed to get rounder so it could match every other part of me, right??





We were both humbled by all of the love and support we received from everyone. We literally got everything we need for little Owen and then some! Later that night Rick was reminded of the scripture Malachi 3:10 which says:

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

Our baby shower was a literal fulfillment of this promise. We are so grateful for the law of tithing and for the goodness of the Lord. We feel so blessed to be having this baby and feel that the Lord is taking care of us.

Rick has kicked into "Dad" mode and has really been such a help and support. He has taken over the laundry and cleaning duties for us since I'm supposed to be resting as much as possible. He also put together the stroller, carseat, and swing. It's pretty exciting to see the carseat in my car and all of Owen's toys in his room. Now we just need a baby to make everything complete. And I hope he doesn't get embarassed by me posting this, but every night Rick has "story time" with Owen. I encouraged him to read the same book to Owen every night so that when Owen's born not only will his voice be soothing but the story will be soothing as well. So, every night Rick reads Dr. Seuss's There's a Wocket in my Pocket to my tummy. It is the cutest thing.

In the meantime, I'm pretty much confined to my home and am getting bored. I need a project!!! Any good books/projects/suggestions? I already read the Twilight series (LOVED it!). Any suggestions for things to occupy my time while "resting" would be greatly appreciated!

3 comments:

McKenzie said...

Way to go with a classic Dr. Seuss story. With all the crazy words in that book, Owen should come out with an extensive vocabulary of nonsense words...hahaha... that's way cute....

Oh, and you could do some crafts like we used to back in the day at girls camp... you and Tammi were always the best! I've been missing those days...

Anonymous said...

Love the bedtime story idea. You will both be amazing parents. I would start working on Christmas presents. You won't have time in a short while. You are welcome to come play with my new toy Cricut.

Maosi Fam said...

thats cute that he reads to your tummy! i cant believe how close its getting and i cant wait to see him=] im so glad that you got everything you needed! you are being very blessed and im sur ethat will continue! congrats. i cant wait to see the pics from the shower=]