Let it be known that on Sunday, March 4, 2012, Owen Edward Araiza went to his Sunbeams class all by himself for the first time. He cried a little bit, but his teacher said after awhile he looked at her and said, "I was sad because Mommy left me but now I'm not sad anymore. I am happy now."
And then he was fine!
Let it also be known that on Sunday, March 11, 2012, Owen went to Primary AND Sunbeams all by himself. That would be a total of 2 consecutive hours away from Mommy and Daddy. There were a few tears, but he was very brave.
We sure are proud of our big boy who, in his own words, "doesn't even cry!" anymore when he goes to Primary by himself. He loves his teachers, Sister Snedecor and Sister Harrison and the other kids in his class. He really looks forward to going to Primary every Sunday.
Mommy is especially enjoying her newfound freedom to go to Relief Society and Sunday school but feels a little sad that her mama's boy is growing up.




2 comments:
He's so oooold sharn! i can't believe he is doing so well with out you going too. I love how aware he is of his own crying; it's like he calls himself out on it. haha
We had a handful of successes with Will going to Primary and class without me or Ryan, but now that we've moved I think we're starting back at square one. We've only been to our new ward once and Ryan stayed with Will the whole time. He's going to have to get used to his teachers all over again. Sigh. The move came at just the wrong time! A few more months and maybe he would have had going to Primary by himself down.
Post a Comment