Owen has accepted the news of a new baby coming. I explained to him that there is a tiny baby in my tummy and when it gets bigger, it will come out and play with Owen. I wasn't really sure if he'd quite understand what was going on, but there have been several instances that prove he has a pretty good grasp on the situation.
#1: He will often look at me, and then my stomach, and say, "Get bigger, bigger, bigger and then come out play with Owen!" He gestures using his hands, starting by making a tiny circle and then moving them further and further apart. He also sometimes replaces the word "bigger" with "taller".
#2: One afternoon he went to his toy box, pulled out a baseball, brought it to my stomach, and said, "Here go, baby."
#3: I was lying in bed (I spend most of my time there these days) and Owen was sitting next to me. He gently put laid his head on my stomach, gave it a soft pat, and said, "Hi there, little baby."
#4: Another time when I was lying in bed, Owen again gently laid his head on my stomach, gave it another pat and said, "Baby! Want to come over?"
#5: This morning Owen and I were standing in the kitchen. Owen noticed my growing stomach (it's getting very hard to hide now) and he said, "Oh! Getting big! Baby come out now??!!"
I can't wait for Owen to meet this little baby. I know he is going to be such a good big brother.
Clutter Rehab is back new and improved!
4 months ago




2 comments:
He is so excited!! awww! That's so cute he understands so well!
Awww! He is going to be such a GREAT big brother!! :) I hope you start feeling better too!
Post a Comment