Yes, this is late, and most people who read this will probably find it boring, but I want to document what we did to celebrate Owen's birthday. Our little family of three got to spend the whole day together and we had a lot of fun.
We started the day by taking Owen to our favorite little bakery and let him pick out a birthday cupcake. Naturally, Rick and I were feeling left out, so we each picked out a cupcake, too. Seriously, don't get me started on these cupcakes.... they are DE-Lish! I haven't tried a flavor that I didn't like.
Vanilla, Cookies 'n Cream, Strawberry Cream Cheese
After smelling the cupcakes all the way home in the car, we couldn't wait to eat them. So, yes, we had birthday cake at about 10:30 a.m. And it was wonderful.
After cake, it was time to open presents!
After opening presents, it was PLAYTIME!
The afternoon was spent napping and resting up for an evening of fun! We decided to go to Downtown Disney and walk through all of the shops. At the Lego store, Owen got to see one of his favorite characters - Darth Vader. We spent a long time looking at him.
We also stopped at Build-a-Bear and Owen absolutely LOVED it. We had some birthday money from Great-Grandma and Papa Harvey and since Owen was very excited about the "a-mulls" (animals), we let him build one to take home. Thank you, GiGi and Papa! Owen loves his new dog, which he named "Puppy". It's on the birth certificate and everything.
We finished the evening by eating a dinner of Jamba Juice and Wetzel's Pretzels (So nutritious, I know) and listening to the musicians play on the street. It was the perfect day!




2 comments:
Oh that sounds like SUCH a fun day!! :) I esp love the cupcakes for breakfast and jamba juice for dinner! Sounds like my kinda birthday!! :) He sure looks cute, and happy to have those fun toys, and a daddy to play with them! :)
PS I saw on the "live feed" that a visitor from Laie, HI was here and that is ME!! haha ;)
How funny we took Makai to build a bear too and he got the same puppy!!! Happy birthday Owen
Post a Comment