Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Quiet Book

Owen is quite the busy boy these days and I'm finding it harder and harder to keep him entertained during church.  I remember my mom having a quiet book for us, and so I started a search to find one of my own.  Unfortunately, they don't really make them anymore and the ones that I did find for sale were not that cute.

So.......... I decided to make one myself.

I did a lot of web searching for inspiration from other homemade quiet books, and then went to Michael's to gather some supplies.  These are the pages I have worked on so far.  They aren't complete yet, but they're getting there.


"Down on the Farm"  - The barn door is a pocket to hold the finger puppets.


"Blast Off!" page - Since Owen is really into Toy Story right now, I made a Buzz Lightyear inspired rocket ship that can slide across the ribbon to go to the moon.  
 
 

"Under the Sea" page - The fish can be moved around with velcro, and the dolphins slide across the string.
 
 


Once I get everything figured out, I'm thinking about maybe trying to sell quiet books.  There seems to be a need since no one really does them anymore.  What do you think?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put an order in for me! Those are so cute and handy! The church scenario is getting harder and harder on us too. I would love one! Let me know if you do decide to sell them!

Sarah Hull said...

That is darling! I too want to order one!!!

Nicole said...

That is so cute!!! I may need one of those!! You did such a good job!

RS said...

Cool! We had them growing up also, and my sister has been looking around also, trying to find some. I hear you on the church difficulties, Will pretty much only sits still when he can eat something, and even that can only go on for so long!

Braden and Jodee said...

I'd like to place my order now please!

Amy said...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SELL ME ONE OF THOSE!!!I struggle in the row behind you every week in church!!!

Marly C said...

I just helped my friend make a quiet book for her 2 yr old little boy and she actually had a book that gave step by step instructions for each page and how to put it together. It was the book that her mom used to make hers when she was little. I will ask her for the information of the book and maybe it could help you out:-)
-Her little boy loves his!

Sherri Araiza said...

Thanks Marly! That would be awesome! :)

Garrett and Leslie said...

That is so cute!!! If you decide to sell them I will definitely buy!!! Harley is too young now, but she will for sure need one in the future!! Good job!

Rachael said...

This is so good!! Wow!! Very very cute!!

Donovan and Tawny Holloway said...

I remember those. Yeah you've seen our child we need one.

Sherri Araiza said...

Well.... it looks like I will be selling these after all!! Give me the weekend to get the logistics figured out. I'll do a new post when I'm ready to start taking orders. Thanks everyone!

3 Men & a Lady said...

So dang cute! You seem like a natural and I'm sure will be successful in selling them! I'm excited to hear more about it!

Julie and Mark said...

Sherri they're turning out so cute! I can't wait to see it when it's all finished! :)

Marie said...

Yes yes make them I want to order some too!!! I will do anything at this point to keep my kids silent at church!! Or resturants. That is one thing I am not looking forward to about moving is people staring at the white people with the loud kids in the middle of korea!!!! Help me sherri!!!