Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Birthday Boy

Owen was all smiles when he woke up on his big day.  We spent the morning eating breakfast and then we had a little jam session with Daddy.





And he got even more excited when he realized he gets to face forward in his car seat now.

Rick and I spent the day making these
 
for a little family celebration we had the next day.  I'd found the idea for the cupcakes online and I'm very pleased with how they turned out.  

FYI - Rick made the smash cake without a template.  I'm volunteering him for hire if anyone needs a character birthday cake made.  :)

Since the party wasn't until the next day and Friday was Owen's real birthday, we had to make an extra cake for him to eat.  He seemed to enjoy playing in the cake more then actually eating it.  It's a good thing the dog was sitting near his high chair - it made the clean up easier for us.

After a fun-filled day, Owen was ready for bed. 
 (And we were too).  
We had a wonderful day together as a family and it couldn't have been better.

1 comments:

RS said...

LOVE the Elmo cakes! Maybe Rick can make a Mickey Mouse for Will? ;) - Katie