Sunday, November 29, 2009

Utah Part 3: Sickness and Snow

I forgot to mention that the morning that we met Elder Oaks did not start off well.  It was about 7 a.m. and Owen was sleeping in the bed with us.  He started stirring a little bit, and then it happened.

He lifted his head up ever so slightly, turned to the side, and VOMITED all over his shirt (and Rick's!) and his hair. 

 I still don't know how he managed to get it in his hair.  Then he laid back down and continued sleeping as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened.

 Dis.Gust. Ing.

Immediately a million thoughts were racing through my head.  I decided pretty quickly that if Owen continued to be sick that I would forfeit going to meet Elder Oaks and let Rick go since he had been the one to write him.

Luckily, that was the only incident of the day and Owen acted completely normal after that. Go figure.
However, two days later, we were going about our day when Rick tells me,

 "Ya know, my stomach kind of hurts." 

I didn't want to admit it, but mine did too.  It'd been trying to ignore it.  Well, neither of us could ignore it for much longer. 

For the next 24 hours, we were S-I-C-K.

Thank goodness for Aunt Cyndie and Hailey who helped out with Owen.  I don't know what we would have done without them.  Thank you again for all of your help.

On the bright side, about the same time we got sick, it also started to snow.  So while we were warm in bed and recovering, we got to watch the beautiful falling snow outside. 

A few days later when we were better we ventured outside for Owen to experience his first time in snow.  He had mixed feelings about it at first.  He was excited because there was white stuff everywhere.  He was sad because it was really cold to touch.  But then he made peace with the snow and decided to like it from then on.  Here are some pictures to document the experience.















2 comments:

Gloria said...

I am so sorry you guys got sick!! That is the WORST and when you were out of town!!! That last picture is sooooooooo cute of you guys in the snow!!! :) Christmas card, maybe?? :) :) Anyway it was GREAT seeing you guys while you were here...wish we could have seen you MORE!

Marly C said...

I love that picture of you guys in the snow:-)