Monday, May 26, 2008

My New Love

On Friday I finished my FINAL final - Wahoo! So now - pending I pass all of my classes - I am a college graduate! The reality of that statement hasn't fully hit me yet. I began the celebration by getting a mani/pedi on Thursday afternoon. It feels so nice to have cute toes again! Then on Friday after my final Rick and I went out to lunch before I went to work. On Saturday we went to the Guitar Center where I fell in love. I've been wanting a piano since - well, always - and for a graduation gift, Rick and I decided to get a full-size keyboard. We'd done some research online and had an idea of what we wanted to get. When we got to the store, we saw this beautiful digital piano. AND to top it all off - it was 1/2 off the original price, making it within our price range! Wahoo! We jumped on the deal and bought it. Here is my new love.



It has 88 weighted keys, records music, plays back music, has different instrument settings, plus a bunch of other stuff that I haven't read about yet in the manual. it is SO wonderful to have a piano in my own home. I've missed it so much!

We went a little wild and bought Rick's graduation present (a year early) since there was an incredible deal going on. His new muse is learning to play the guitar, and he's getting quite good. So, he bought a classical guitar. I don't have a picture of it yet, but it is quite beautiful.

After hitting the Guitar Center, we went with Rick's family to see the new Indiana Jones. I've heard mixed reviews of the movie, but I really liked it. For those who haven't seen it, I won't spoil it. It was different than the other three, but I felt it gave good closure to the whole series.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lucky, deserving young woman. I don't play the piano but am a wannabee pianist and looking at your new treasure makes me want to play even more.
Congrats on graduating. WOW!

Maosi Fam said...

hey of course i remeber you! its funny cuz i been keeping up with your blog but i didnt comment because i had sent you a friend request on myspace but didnt hear back from you so i thought you didnt remember me hehe

yes i thought it was funny too how our situations and experiences were so similar. it was a hrad decision, which im sure it was for you too, but its such a comforting feeling and much easier process when you know the lord was behind you and had a huge involment in our decision! now i cant even wait and look forward to it all and 'am so excitied...we definantly have a purpose=)

congrats on the baby...im sure he is going to be so adorable!

and do you guys have details and the air force and what you guys have coming your way? good luck! and as i have learned, MAKE SURE YOU GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING IN THE CONTRACT

Marie said...

I love the piano!!! Congrants on graduating that is really amazing!! Keep up the good work:) I cant believe that only a few more months and sweet little owen will be here!! Cant wait to see pictures of him:)